Monday, April 30, 2012

A to Z Challenge: You

Be you. Be yourself. Stop comparing yourself to others. You’re you. There’s a good reason for that. No one else can be you.

I don’t have as many degrees as that person. I’m not pretty enough. I’m not as successful as so-and-so. My career sucks compared to hers. I wish I was that witty. I don’t make enough money.

It’s so easy to look at others and feel inferior in a hundred different ways. But we’re not meant to be anyone else. And you never know what other demons someone else is battling anyway.

 If there is something you really want to do in order to better yourself, by all means do it. But stop beating yourself up because you are not as _______  as someone else. We’re all different. And that’s okay. That’s how it should be. Be you. And don’t apologize.

1 comment: