Monday, March 31, 2014

A - Apathy


Returning from her early morning run, Bridget quietly opened the door to the kitchen. He wouldn’t be awake yet; for that she was grateful. She really wasn’t in the mood to deal with him right now. Finishing off her bottled water, she collapsed into a chair. Something felt different, though. They had fought last night. Again. Normally, Bridget’s anger was overwhelming and she used her runs to clear her head. This time was different. The anger was gone. She couldn’t even muster up the strength to care enough to be mad at him anymore. Four years of put-downs, screaming and dismissiveness had taken its toll.  When had the transformation taken place? She wasn’t quite sure. But at some point Bridget had moved from anger to apathy.

14 comments:

  1. The time comes. At least Bridget has that outlet of running. There are those who are imprisoned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True enough.

      Thank you for reading and commenting, Anonymous.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to a month of blogs. I can't wait to find out if the story continues or if these are all shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading...might be a little of both...not sure yet

      Delete
  4. "Comfortably Numb" frequently plays in my head... A truly intriguing start either as a short or the beginning of a story... Very much looking forward to 'B!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start to your A-Z! Looking forward to reading more. :)

    Visiting via A-Z Challenge. You might like my theme - it's film/TV/Sci-fi one. Come check it out. ;)
    http://kincavelkorner.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check yours out. sounds interesting. thx for reading.

      Delete
    2. not sure why I don't show up with my icon, but I did check out your A post and comment as Cheryl. Wordpress always confuses me.

      Delete
  6. Oooh, can't wait to see if Bridget is back for B tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now you all have made me wish I went a different way. :) hm....

      Delete
  7. I love that we're *starting* with apathy. I wonder where Bridget can move from there? But I hope she has 25 letters left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have more, but not sure am using it for A to Z....maybe I'll throw some more about Bridget in since I've only already written a couple more letters anyway.....ideas, ideas.....thx for reading!

      Delete